Saturday, August 11, 2012

Do You Smell That?

 
 So my Mom recently taught me how to knit dishcloths. They are super simple and doing the same thing over and over in your hands is really therapeutic. I especially like doing it during a movie so I feel like I'm accomplishing something. Michaels has a great selection for yarn colors so I picked up a few to make an assortment of lovely wash ware. I'd just started on a new light purple cloth while my Mom and I sat down to watch a movie.
    A few days before I'd bought a perfume at the Richmond Night Market. And it was one of the first days I wore it. My brother walks in and says "Naomi! I can smell you." and continued to 'smell' me from increasing distances to determine the radius of my aroma. One of the ironic things about perfume is after you've worn it for a few minutes you yourself stop smelling it. But the weird thing was I could smell it too. Every once in a while a breeze would blow through the open window and my Mom and I could both smell it. The really strange thing was it smelt like lavender. When I tested the perfume it smelt nothing like lavender. After we finished the movie I couldn't detect any floral scents.
       We drove out to Vancouver that night and I packed my knitting with me (which made me feel elderly). I pulled out my pale purple yarn and began to click away. Suddenly a wave of lavender hit me. I grabbed the ball and made everyone around me smell the atrocious thing. This time I was certain that the radiating stench my brother had smelled wasn't me. I finally looked at the label 'scented'. Scented YARN! Who does that?! Well actually it's pretty cool. I'm just not a fan of lavender. Which is why I now have vanilla and aloe instead ;)






1 comment:

  1. Baha! This cracks me up. I had no idea they made scented yarn!? Mind. Blown.

    ReplyDelete