Friday, May 13, 2011

Good Morning, Classic...



I don't think people usually look on 12 hour shifts as something exciting or fun. But I honestly had THE best day at work today. within half an hour of being at work I was shooed outside to move and tag shrubs. I'm pretty sure that wasn't in my job description when I signed up to be a cashier.  But like the spineless pawn that I am I bought my first pair of rawhide gloves and laced up my steel toes. It started out not so bad when I had to tag, untag and then retag plants. But it got even better when more help, and awesome company, arrived. Isn't it amazing how much your attitude can change with the company you keep? It was absolutely lovely to be outside all day (minus the burn) and to not have any manager breathing down my neck. Don't get me wrong I worked my butt off, but was independent. Like button on that one. Not sure if anyone has realized from my photos but I am an absolute sucker for flowers! so when a huge truckload of hanging baskets came in I was in HEAVEN! They were absolutely gorgeous!
 They were pre-packaged and when you took off the plastic they cascaded out. Seriously all of us were in awe. Before I knew it 12 hours had zoomed by and I left a beautified greenhouse not only with hours of overtime but a smile on my face.

I walk out to these in the morning everyday. It makes life a little more worth living.

This Ice cream bar that all of us bought on break was a pretty nice touch to my day. Highly recommend Moose Tracks, or Camel toes as some people like to call it....




all the baskets were lovely..except this one. we all agreed  it was atrocious.





Even the mess they leave is beautiful.








New thing I learned today: Irises are STUNNING!



1 comment: