Saturday, April 30, 2011

Stop to Smell the Daffodils



  I just started work again at a job that makes me cry. I've been trying to be really positive and remember I'm only working for a short time and getting the money I need for school. But the memories of working this job have swept over me again. All the weeks I came home just to sleep, no time for friends, doing a week's worth of cleaning in a night, exhausted and homesick. Plus I have an interview for a program I've been trying to get into for 2 years and am stressed out of my mind about it.

  This morning, as I left my sleeping roommates enjoying their weekend, I walked into a cold, windy, overcast morning.  My heart was heavy knowing I had a long day ahead of me and weather that looked how I felt. Rushing to catch the train my eyes were drawn downward. Newly unfolding daffodils were smiling up at me. They were the first flowers I'd seen this spring and what a vision in yellow they were! I smiled back at them as I wished them good morning and went a little happier on my way. It was a reminder that even though there are storm clouds and wind, life always has beauty and hope of new beginnings to offer us. Tonight I'm thanking God for daffodils.





2 comments:

  1. Naomi,
    I want you to know that I am always here to talk to on those bad days. Remember that it is 'only for a moment', and when you are done you will have accomplished one more thing and be that much better off. Going home will be a good reward.
    You will do great on your interview!
    You're in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, I got your back girl, give me a shout anytime! And like Diana, I know you will do great in everything you do! But in the meantime I hope you keep finding those little joys in your life!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete