Monday, March 14, 2011

Courage to have faith


      Sometimes life throws you curve balls. And it seems I've caught a few of them lately. One night while getting ready for bed, remembering everything that had happened that day, I had a moments of hopelessness and fear. I couldn't tell you why I did it, but I reached out for a rock that I keep on my headboard. What I can tell you is I don't believe in coincidences.

          I had painted it for a girls camp the summer I left home. The red maple leaf was a reminder of all the places I've moved to and that I was going to do it again, but on my own this time. On the back was 'Courage'  because I knew there was a lot I had to do to get where I wanted to be and it wasn't going to be easy.


But courage isn't being strong when it's easy or convenient, it's taking action in the face of fear, disappointment, and hopelessness. When I felt like I had failed at my goal and wasted so much time dreaming I took hope from something so small and simple. I'm learning more and more that fear is the opposite of faith. 
And it sure takes courage to have faith nowadays.


"And while I strive through grief and pain His voice is heard 'Ye shall obtain' " 
Bruce R McConkie 


No comments:

Post a Comment