Sunday, April 7, 2013

My Weekend as a Domestic Goddess

    So the title might be a little bit deceiving. I probably haven't made it to Goddess status yet. But amongst my fellow students, who don't usually make more than 2 real meals a week (that's more than just me...right?), I've been doing pretty well for myself.

This weekend I made Cinnamon buns for the first time. They were stinking amazing. Pardon my humility.
Also fried chicken for the first time. And I didn't go out and buy a mix. I had to buy obscure spices (once again obscure to a student cook means anything more than salt, pepper and things I'd put in pasta) like dry mustard, celery salt and paprika. Then, like some sort of sorcerer mathematician (pretty much the same thing in my books), I had to mix them all together myself while halving the recipe. And I still had wayyy too much mix.
Finally, because Grandma sent me home with turkey, and I don't eat that stuff plain I made exorbitant amounts of turkey soup. Like there is another container that got cut off in that picture. Thankfully Grandma also outfitted me with a deep freeze.




No comments:

Post a Comment