Thursday, September 22, 2011

Falling for the First Time

 
When I walked out this morning it smelled like fall. It was the first day the season hung in the air. Edmonton has a lot to offer. It has an enormous amount of YSA, there is a temple, a huge mall and a school that offers the program I wanted, it has a big ever-changing sky and the river valley is gorgeous. But Autumn is one thing Vancouver has it beat hands down.

 Fall is my favorite time of year. The air is spicy and just chilly enough to break out your heavier coats. The world looks like colorful children's books and the ground crackles with every step. It's a beginning for the official hot chocolate season. I miss home most around this time. The yellow-brown leaves are lovely.

 But I miss the reds and oranges and gorgeous pinks. Everything looks as though it's burst into flame. It's my dream to be back for just one more fall. Somebody find me a shooting star.

No comments:

Post a Comment