Friday, July 1, 2011

Beginning With the End in Mind

     Life has been full of goodbyes and endings lately. I've said goodbye to my beautiful cousin who I won't be living with anymore. It's a strange thought to not come home to family or to not have someone who is so close to me that we can read each other's thoughts.

     I'm leaving my apartment that I've called home for this past year, why is it so hard to part with inanimate things?
  
     I didn't even get a goodbye with my little Kitty that I've grown up with. She's gone to that field of catnip in the sky. And I can't believe I'll never hear her purr at the end of my bed again. 

    I shook hands with my best friend as he left to serve a two year mission in Santiago Chile. It's unreal to think we'll never have another unexpected snow day to come up with ways to break into your own car or explore small shops along Whyte Ave. It's scary that life will find us at very different places when we meet again.  



  








      My job is finishing tomorrow and friends who I have come to love in such a short time will be distanced from me, some quite possibly forever.




And I'm being separated in a completely new-to-me way with friends going where I can't follow. 



    But I suppose there would never be sunrises without a sunset. Sometimes though, it's the hardest to remember how lovely morning is when the last pieces of vibrant red disappear to a charcoal sky. So now I'm just waiting. Dawn must be coming soon. This night air is getting to me.


1 comment:

  1. You could follow if you want to ;)
    I miss you already! Have a wonderful summer vacation!

    ReplyDelete