Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Puddle Searching


These past few weeks Mother Nature has been playing some funny tricks on us. First she sent a dump of snow, several actually. Then she treated us with balmy 1°C weather. Although it would seem nice to have temperatures on the positive side of the thermometer, after the excessive amounts of snow we got, there were slush ponds everywhere. Most people stared at the icy mud filled mess and scrunched up their noses. I had a similar thought process looking down from my 5th floor apartment at the uninviting lakes. But as I took a stroll through the melting world I couldn't help but love those darling puddles. The way their quaking surfaces saw the world was awe inspiring.Who knew that cratered sidewalks and melted snow could make you feel like Alice and the looking glass? Everything was so pretty and magical. When the wind blew the baron trees danced in the puddles. And little bits of sky made residence on the ground separated by the weaving bridges of concrete. I realized sometimes what I'm looking for just needs to be looked for a little harder before I find it. Today I found joy, and it was in a puddle.









2 comments:

  1. Oh Gnomes, this was exactly (as usual) what I needed, especially being the thick of mid-terms and papers, it's hard to find a solid reason to remind myself that these assignments won't last forever, that there's some good in this world... ("And it's worth fighting for!" -Samwise Gamgee)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. If only I could feel like that when it is raining . . . and raining . . . and raining here.

    ReplyDelete