Thursday, November 15, 2012

People Are Raving About It

 

     Monday was honestly one of the best days I've had in forever. You know when you look back, with nostalgia gripping your insides, on those long summer days you played until there was no play left in you? That was my Monday. Just add snow. Nothing especially out of the ordinary happened, but it was a quick succession of simple joys that made us all feel full to the brim.

    How better to start your day off than brunch at Ikea with friends for less than the price of laundry? Don't think too hard on that one because the answer is: there isn't. Immediately following our escapades in finding cheap lamps, ten of us got into Costco using one card. Thank heavens for apathetic teenage boys who guard those doors!

  Our intent was to find a friend to say hi to, but mostly we perused the book section. Did you know, according to Guinness World Records, the shortest man is only 54.6 Cm?

  Sledding was an obvious MUST in our traipsing across town. And it just wasn't good enough to go down the traditional way. We had to go down as a human pyramid. I wasn't planning to take any part of this obviously reckless plan. But when push came to shove (almost literally) I found myself at the top of the pile. Best. Idea. Ever. 
Thanks to Alysa who took the awesome Sledding pictures!!


   Who can go sledding without hot chocolate? And where hungry young adults gather, pizza will be delivered.  This only added to my ecstasy because it meant I did not have to prepare a single meal that day. 

   Family home evening was somehow fit into all our rambunctious goings on. Where despite what seemed like a harmless game of jeopardy things escalated quickly and turned into casualties. Breakfast: $3.14, New lamp: $9.97, Pizza: $5, Kyla getting rug burn from playing Jeopardy: Priceless.
And maybe I should have got my nursing roommate to put Kyla's bandage on...Ultrasound kids just make a mess of them.
   The whole day was wrapped up with a good movie. The new Spiderman. Loved it. Good story, good mix of action, romance, comedy, good thing I can look forward to the sequel.

   So I guess each thing on it's own isn't something to get particularly excited about, but smash them all together with some amazing friends and laughter to last a week and I think that's something you can hang your hat on.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment