Friday, May 11, 2012

Appendicitis


Practicum has been a dream for me! I've loved every day! I haven't seen anything too crazy yet but lets be honest I still think gallstones are the coolest things ever. They're just so pretty the way they twinkle on the screen.


  My preceptor, who is currently one of my favorite people in the world, has a policy. You find an appendix, you get the rest of the day off. Now this may not sound so hard but an appendix, even when inflamed, is less than a centimeter big. So pretty much like a needle in a haystack.
   Well today I walk into work and there's a patient already waiting for me.
  7:56 start exam. 8:10 walk out of the room. Appendix pictures: documented.
Hellllllooooo newly forged long weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You lived up to your blog name with this posting! BY SMALL AND SIMPLE THINGS?? The appendix is so small and simple we don't even know what it does!

    ReplyDelete